Thursday, February 7, 2013

Consecration to Freedom

Consecration to Freedom

 Being set a part (sanctified) for a time; prohibiting something for a season; can be hard but also very rewarding. My life has been full of ups and downs broken relationships, hurts, wounds, plasters and bruises in all sorts of metaphoric ways. I chose to setting aside for a season the urge to date; it seems pretty simply to me I wanted to focus on God get that relationship stronger and more concrete. And wow what an experience it is. The battle of my mind to run ahead of God saying 'I know the way', It's like a small child running ahead of a parent but looking back at the parent strolling along at a leisurely pace, the parent watching them but all along knowing the way to go when to turn and when to pace themselves. The child is oblivious to the true knowledge the parent has. Living in a 'its my world, I'll do what I want,' society has it's pros and cons, more and more advertising tells you, 'you need this to be successful . But if we look to the father, God the one who created us, if we truly understood that we are loved by God and if we love him back then we are a profound success, everything else is an extra.

 Getting back to the consecration season, before I did my DTS in Feb 2012 I had already commitment to not dating for a year. (I completed this last year) And now I've extended it to another 6 months so that my heart can keep being built up and grow in intimacy with my husband in heaven, Jesus. I know that if God brings a man into my life and he indicates that he wants to marry me then he will wait until this commitment is over. (just so you know there isn't anybody yet). From this consecration season the Lord has given to me much healing and freedom in 'whose I am' in the relationships that hurt and wounded me. I'm more confident to pursue friendships with both genders without the fear or pain entering into the relationship. I have seen with my own eyes the way guys are meant to treat woman as friends/relationships through this community at YWAM Bethlehem.

 I believe in this season 'a new year' God has been revealing to me what he has been doing to my heart while I have served and meditated on his word. Such freedom came when I was answered a question, a longing of my heart. I always wondered who I was? But I found that I was asking the wrong question its not about who I am but whose I am? And in a spiritual sense I have learnt that I am a daughter of the King of Kings, beautiful, lovely, caring, an image bearer and reflector of God; through the characteristics he has placed in each of us of himself. Oh the depths of his heart towards his children his thoughts are numerous too many to count. The joy of my heart is to hear what he thinks of me and I pray that you too would ask daily, what he wants to say to you. He's not just some guy that is a master over you he wants to be your friend, lover, husband, companion and so much more. All of this he wants to be for you too.

 I'm going to be vulnerable with you and share my latest thought from my heart something that I'm pondering about is 'who is suppose to look after me.' Who is suppose to make sure I'm ok, eating properly having 'me' time? I know this is my responsibilty in part but shouldn't there be someone else that is suppose to be in my life to help as I give love. I pour out the love I have received from God and caring for the people God has placed in the community here at YWAM Bethlehem. I don't get tired of giving love spending time with people helping them find out whose they are, who they are and encountering the love of the father. Guiding, teaching them the truths I have learnt or am learning or can learn from them. I thrive off this passion this desire to see the best in people and pull it out in the safe environment at YWAM. Its so fulfilling to praise the name of Jesus daily with a community of radical lovers to do this job, even if I don't get paid for it, its worth it, its worth the sacrifice that I have made to not live comfortably in this world because I live for eternity not just this world. The reward is so much greater than anything that I can get in this world.

  I'm currently looking for a job and would love your pray for this and am in negotiations with a job at the moment so it would be sweet as if you could think and pray that the wisdom of God will be given to the manager of the business. I thank the Lord that he has placed me here for such a time as this to eat from his banquet table to be entertained by him. Not really knowing where he is leading me but knowing as I walk beside him at his pace believing and having faith; absolute trust; that his plans are perfect and he can see ahead of me and knows what to prepare me for, Oh God I delight in you, rejoice in your glory and declare your name as good. Thanks for reading if you have any feedback I would love to hear what you think about me being here at YWAM Bethlehem and all that God is doing in and through my life. For His Glory and the Delcaration of His Name

No comments:

Post a Comment