Sunday, March 31, 2013


Extravagant Love


Friday the 29th of March 2013 what a significant day for a lot of people in the community, as we do for most schools we set aside a day/ time where we come and bring our loaves and fishes for outreach fees, but this one was different this one was more sacrificial well for me anyway. People gave money, surf boards, computers, different things to help each other get to the places God was sending them to be missionaries; it’s just like in Acts when they gave all that they had, no one was in need, because the community was a giving generation. Remembering this reminds me of where we want to go where we want to take this community of Jesus Lovers to a place where God has a resting place where people feel safe and cared for. This is the community I live in one where we are kind to each other, we speak words of life and not death, we treat the different sexes with respect and honour; yes we make mistakes but we ask forgiveness. Oh what a blessing it is to be here. 


Sacrificial love was given like our rights to have something, we gave up our families our right to be married our dreams and things that were self-seeking. And Gods heart rejoiced over our love given back to him, for he is MOST worthy of ALL Praise. Psalm 45 vs. 10-11 says “listen O daughter consider and give ear: forget your people and your father’s house. The King is enthralled by your beauty; honour him for he is your Lord.” We studied this in worship with the Word on Thursday we need to let go of our former ways or own thought patterns, we have been accepted and adopted in to a new family Jesus’ family where there is a new way of living, We get to live in this Kingdom as Sons and Daughters, Princes, and Princesses, we need to learn the new way of the kingdom it is counter cultural to that of this world, where the last will be first and the first will be last, weaknesses can be used to show strength.


 I went forward and shared my heart that which the Lord had asked me to give up ‘my right to marry and my right to fulfil my own dreams without God in them’. I'm believing and growing in my faith that, that  which he has placed in my heart to fulfil will come to pass in HIS timing and by HIS will, and all things will be swept away that are not from him. It says in Zechariah 4:6 “not by might nor by power but by my spirit says the Lord.” After I did this and so many other people got up I felt such peace such freedom to do what God wanted me to do, what that is I don’t rightly know at this stage; but he is revealing to me his mysteries a little at a time. (as much as my character can handle without becoming prideful). I love God so much I will go where he sends me,  do what he asks me to do, speak to whom he wants me to speak too, oh the depths of my heart overflow with love for him. Bring on his Return.

No comments:

Post a Comment