Friday, August 23, 2013

Walking by faith through the journey of emotions


Emotions are an ever present feeling that we have day to day hour by hour, reactions all make us human. This concept freaks me out because from emotions there are sad or upsetting ones also. Dealing with issues and facing fears is something we need to do for breakthrough in our lives. Jesus calls us overcomers through him because he himself overcomes the grave; unimaginable right but it’s a fact. And fact shows truth.
God has really been dealing with my inefficiency to make myself accept the fact that I am good enough. I don’t feel good, my actions aren’t always good my heart is somewhat darkened by the flesh and the evilness of my nature. But I must believe what God says about me because that is the truth, its reliable and it will never change. God says that I am good that he delights in me that he cherishes me and holds me close. He knows me intimately and calls me his daughter although my mind doesn’t fully agree with this I have a longing in my heart that I wobe true.  
Studying the Sermon on the Mount this week in lectures has really pulled my heart strings to want more yet know that it’s not me that can do it but God in me. (Blessed are those who are poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven Matt 5:3). Longing also for justice to take place around the world, longing for wrong to be made right, longing for sin to be executed from my being forever also is heavy on my heart. (Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled Matt 5:6). In all this I mourn because it hasn’t happened yet. Living in a generation that wants things ‘right now’ is hard, as God’s timing is perfect but it’s not my own. So fighting against the flesh and culture of today I cling for true reality for the one in which my heart longs for, for heaven where I will be with my husband, (Jesus) I will not be in torment, or pain or cry or hurt or be lovesick. I long for this every breath of my day, yet I don’t want to be selfish and want his return now. (Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted. Matt 5:4) Because I know that there are more to come into the kingdom, more to be lovers of God. More People to realise their potential and victory in the cross of Christ. And so I ask for patience to endure this pain; one of the teachers on the internship said ‘when are we ever going to be able to love God through weakness again? When are we ever going to be able to tell others about what Jesus did in/for us?
Last week the spirit of God broke out on an intercession set as we cried out for unbelievers, for our close ones that didn’t know God. My heart felt like it touched God’s and my cry was ‘there isn’t enough, there isn’t enough people yet?’ So my heart is burdened for the lost, for those that don’t know they are accepted into the family of God; that they are so loved that even while they were God’s enemies he loved them, thus the creation of the world happened. (Rom 5:8) Before the earth was created God knew us he thought about us and wanted us to reflect his beauty. (Psalm 139) Wanted us to receive and give love, and not love that the world knows but his love. This is unconditional, never changing, and fully free. Fully extreme that there is no measurement as to how wide, deep, long and high it is. (Eph. 3:18) It is who he is God is love, in all his expressions he is the one who it originated from, he describes it through his truth/word displays it in creation and reflects it through his children. We will have confidence when he returns because we are like God who is love and you love, love because it first loved you. And in love there is no fear it casts it out through the power of love itself. (1 John 4:16-19)

*Next goal receive the love of the Father.


Please continue to pray for me as I search the heart of the father to find our likenesses and see who I am in him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment