Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Is God really enough for me?

Is God really enough for me, I look at my circumstances I look at my friends they all have things that seem like they are happy because of the things that they have, an iPhone, the latest gadget, money to spend on food, on clothes and enjoyment needs. But really do these things really satisfy? Does it give our hearts a deep revelation that we are loved and needed or are we filling a hole? Food, love, money, an encouraging word, a warm hug from a friend are small fillers of joy. But isn't there a lasting joy something that satisfies to the core of who I am?

"You make known to me the paths of life; in your presence there is fullness of Joy, at your right hand there are pleasures forevermore."   Psalm 16:11

So how does this happen, where do I find this knowledge, this fullness of Joy? It is in your presence. What is your presence? 'The state or fact of existing, occurring, or being present in a place or thing. the area that is closet to someone. someone or something that is seen or noticed in a particular place.' How are we meant to know God is present? He shows himself by moving our hearts or speaking to us.

There is another gem that we get also when we are in his presence we get pleasures forevermore. Bonus!!

Where are you finding pleasures? In friends, in gadgets, in relationships, in travelling. I'm not saying that these are wrong not in the least God created them for us, but we need to come back to the 'One thing I desire' that David wrote about in Psalms 27:4. To have an audience of one approach to get in the secret place and spend time with God. To find pleasures and joy in his nearness. We want to be fascinated and captivated by his beauty, by WHO HE IS. Searching his heart to find our likenesses. To really go deep in the fullness of him who is limitless, yet consistent in all his characteristics not pushing aside one to pick up another like we mere humans do.

Have you ever been in a state of mind or circumstance where everything that could go wrong did and you are fighting the attacks, you are being persistent and crying out for God to break in? Listen to these calming words from Asaph in Psalms 73:23-27 I know it made me stop and realign my thoughts:

"Nevertheless, I am continually with you, you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Listen to what Portion means:

 inheritance, share, allotment, award

For it is better to have God for OUR ALL than to HAVE ALL and be without God.

Listen to those statements YOU hold my right hand, YOU will receive me to glory. there is power on those words and God speaks them to us to encourage us to seek him alone.

So when your feeling down never forget God is right beside you he has already walked the road ahead of you. He formed you and created you HE KNOWS YOU BY NAME!







No comments:

Post a Comment