Friday, November 1, 2013

Is this Really ME?


New Zealand runs in my bones, it pushes me to go on,
 seeing the blood life of New Zealanders causes my heart to burn.
 A deep longing for it to experience the Lord, and his great love.
 The whole mass, from North to South from the east to the west.

I cry out for an encounter for my nation.
 It can't be done some say,
But I know the word it says all things are possible,
 nothing can get in the way,
Of God changing a nation in a day.
Sweeping hearts with fire, the flames start within.

 Desire for more desire for greater things stir my heart to sing.
When Lord will you break in,
 how do I position my heart for him to move,
 When will the day be when I truly know
 that this is what God has called me to be?
 I learn about his goodness, his father-ness
 and know all I need to be is his daughter.

Speak sometimes, speak few things,
 the presence of the people, a person sobers the heart to repentance.
Peace, Peace I say to you, you bring peace.
Fellowship and community, perceptive and hungering
all things that I'm pondering,
do I have what it takes to make it though this day?

 Is it me or is it the Lord that causes this pain,
this longing for more, how do I live this day
pleasing and holy to the Lord?
Do I ever makes his day, Do I even feel him near?
Just one touch will this really satisfy?
Time and sessions pass me by,
 Is my mundane life all that I'm meant to be?

A word in season, a knowing of oneself,
identity lies within. Who I am is who he is,
 reflecting a mothers heart,
 a gentle child, a lovers desire.
 But for what? Do I really impact lives?
Do I really speak words of truth?
The ups and downs the going around, what is it all for?

My heart is displayed before the King,
Open and wounded from life's attacks,
My heart lives on my sleeve, for all to see the meaning of life itself.
An open vessel, and treasured possession,
Is this really me?

No comments:

Post a Comment